OMG! This forum uses cookies!!!
Some "smart" ppl have decided it's going to be mandatory to state the obvious and inform the visitors that this website is using cookies. So here we go... *sigh* This forum makes use of cookies to store some information on you. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. While we're add it: We're also using webservers and power them using electricity. In case you didn't know, if you can read this, it means you can read.

Let's see... did we forget something? Ah yeh... No animals were hurt during the creation of the cookie.

We're terribly sorry that you have to endure the same message all over the internet again and again, at least we went ahead and stated a few other things that will soon be required by law...

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer. An other option to block the cookies from this site is not using it.

Poll: Open source? Sell? Or get a scripter and fix things?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hire a scripter and fix things.
45.57%
36 45.57%
Open source it.
27.85%
22 27.85%
Sell script to the highest bidder.
26.58%
21 26.58%
Total 79 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Resurrection v8 script to open source?
(15-07-2018, 14:56)[C5]JS7457 Wrote: All the work that Rocky, Dust, Abed, Aws, Igorov did shouldn't be open source at all. They spent months of their life.

Selling it would be better if the ones who made it get a revenue share.

That's just my piece of cake. You can do whatever you want, it's your community.

I don't rly mind making Resur script an open source. Actually I myself suggested that on Exo before
I don't know what your doing, but I wasn't done fighting just yet.
"Seems everything we've ever known's here
Why must it drift away and die"
(17-07-2018, 01:39)Abed Wrote:
(15-07-2018, 14:56)[C5]JS7457 Wrote: All the work that Rocky, Dust, Abed, Aws, Igorov did shouldn't be open source at all. They spent months of their life.

That's just my piece of cake. You can do whatever you want, it's your community.

I don't rly mind making Resur script an open source. Actually I myself suggested that on Exo before

If you did something for the server in the past 2 years then we thank you for that, as little as it may seem to others. But to come now and support this decision that would mean the end of 8 years of gameplay and unforgettable memories, no, that I can't accept. See, this might seem familiar to you but no, this is not TW & I don't mind playing in a server with 2-3 players online and 0 admins.

(17-07-2018, 03:41)[UNX]Royal Wrote:

If you did something for the server in the past 2 years then we thank you for that, as little as it may seem to others. But to come now and support this decision that would mean the end of 8 years of gameplay and unforgettable memories, no, that I can't accept. See, this might seem familiar to you but no, this is not TW & I don't mind playing in a server with 2-3 players online and 0 admins.

Which will never come back again with 2-3 players...
Blush
What about all the techniques, methods and ideas used in it which we worked hard to get to? I consider the way things done in the script a piece of art and I gotta say if I knew that the script is gonna be open source, I would have personally used pure classical pathetic techniques.. Despite the fact that I am no longer into samp, I still don't want to see the 2 years work that was intended for RR only get in the hands of kids and retards just with a link click, this is gonna make all our work valueless nothing else.

Why would it make an "end" for 8 years of gameplay? Making it an open source doesn't mean ending the server.

By the means you're trying to say you're happy with the current situation and ready to play an empty server however I'm pretty sure you haven't played Resur for months have you?

People complain about lack of updates, this needs scripters. We tried looking for scripters, we couldn't find any. We looked inside and outside the community and the only few scripters left are asking to be paid which is not happening here. V8 needs many suggested features to be implemented.
Open source means scripters, maybe the ones from outside the community, will have a hand on the script, work on it and add some nice systems to it which is for our sake.
Copycat people? We are being 100% copycatted by some servers without the open source.

Open source doesn't mean giving up. It's one way of trying to improve. I've seen many open sourced servers and they are doing pretty much better than before.

Many players left because they want updates, open source is the only option we got to make that happen. We can't just keep crying and posting the playercount 6 years ago and just keep setting our asses not doing anything to improve it. We are trying to improve it, but you always refuse. Do you people have any better ideas?

Not to mention Exo is not seeking to do something against the favor of the community. When you see Exo doing something, it means it is the suitable and the right thing or at least the only option left.

Yes, there are currently 2 people who accepted the offer and willing to buy the script, we'll see how well it goes. Wish them luck.
(17-07-2018, 08:08)Abed Wrote:

Why would it make an "end" for 8 years of gameplay? Making it an open source doesn't mean ending the server.

By the means you're trying to say you're happy with the current situation and ready to play an empty server however I'm pretty sure you haven't played Resur for months have you?

People complain about lack of updates, this needs scripters. We tried looking for scripters, we couldn't find any. We looked inside and outside the community and the only few scripters left are asking to be paid which is not happening here. V8 needs many suggested features to be implemented.
Open source means scripters, maybe the ones from outside the community, will have a hand on the script, work on it and add some nice systems to it which is for our sake.
Copycat people? We are being 100% copycatted by some servers without the open source.

Open source doesn't mean giving up. It's one way of trying to improve. I've seen many open sourced servers and they are doing pretty much better than before.

Many players left because they want updates, open source is the only option we got to make that happen. We can't just keep crying and posting the playercount 6 years ago and just keep setting our asses not doing anything to improve it. We are trying to improve it, but you always refuse. Do you people have any better ideas?

Not to mention Exo is not seeking to do something against the favor of the community. When you see Exo doing something, it means it is the suitable and the right thing or at least the only option left.

Yes, there are currently 2 people who accepted the offer and willing to buy the script, we'll see how well it goes. Wish them luck.

What you talking about? the amount of times I suggested to open source the script in the skype 5+ chat and everyone was like "what is the point in that?", "more copycats will appear" (including you) but now Exo has suggested the idea you are right behind it and lying about suggesting it in the past.
I don't rly remember you talking about the open source beside the conversation we've had about the other community becoming an open source.

[Image: UvvaD5P.png]

This^ was right after your resignation Luke.
If you don't open source it, Im afraid all your effort on that script will be wasted. Who is gonna buy it ? and more important how much is gonna last ? At least in open source people will still try to keep a server alive
Real Veteran
Seeing that Rocky had no consent of the script even being dealt with to put an end, you're currently destroying what he did in two years in just a few days by selling the script to a kid. You're making it open source, therefore, you can no longer complain about "copycats" because you've just exposed yourself to them.
The "better engine" that Exo was simply talking about is priced countlessly; I'd rather not sell it or make it an open source because it's a waste of each and every scripter's time and work.

Abed, for fuck sakes, making the script an open source will not "get it better" but it will get /ended/.
Quote:People complain about lack of updates, this needs scripters. We tried looking for scripters, we couldn't find any. We looked inside and outside the community and the only few scripters left are asking to be paid which is not happening here. V8 needs many suggested features to be implemented.

The bolded part makes no sense, you're just partially killing your whole community by selling/sourcing it, do you understand that if someone else has a hand on this script, it will be used for THEIR sake and not yours?
The underlined part, I'm just shaking my head...
Open source means having a thread on "samp forums" and having bunch and bunch of kids who use ultra-host to host their servers and just change the server name, tada; new community.
Excuse but this is bullshit, I reckon this is exaggeration but it's worth it, it's sad to see this happening and I believe that if Rocky does not agree, it should not happen because it's a courtesy of his work, at least a part of it.
UN - SF - CTC - BT - ST6
United we stand, United we fall.
[Image: DMNq36Q.png]
(17-07-2018, 12:59)Assassin Wrote: If you don't open source it, Im afraid all your effort on that script will be wasted. Who is gonna buy it ? and more important how much is gonna last ? At least in open source people will still try to keep a server alive

it's already dead.... try is waste..
[Image: WPp3eeP.gif]
[Image: y18Ns4u.png]
[Image: 63c21531d1.png]
[Image: quN_dNQnROOq3vOT288s9Q.png]
Or you just sell the whole company because this isn’t a community anymore.
Veteran player since 2011.
Former PW Lead admin (4)
Former TW Senior admin (3)
Yeah I've missed a point in here. We are not pulling requests, sadly.. You all may ignore my previous post about it.
This is what copycats servers wants.